DONATIONS OF OTHER ITEMS
As well as donations of food and basic essentials, we are always in need of other items that we can make use of. If you are ever updating your home or business or just have excess items and want to donate please let us know.
Some of the items we always have need for are:
- Shop fittings & shelving
- Fridges & freezers
- Clothes and blankets
- Catering equipment
- Electrical items
- Warehousing equipment
- Vehicles & trailers
We may be able to pick up larger donations of food items from your business.
REQUEST A PICK UP - firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT WE CAN COLLECT :
- Fresh produce (fruit & vegetables)
- Bakery items (bread, rolls & cakes)
- Items with low “use by” or “best before” dates
- Items past their “best before date”
- Frozen food (meats, desserts, seafood, vegetables, etc.)
- Snack food (biscuits, chips, chocolates, etc.)
- Food with damaged or dented packaging
- Deli produce
- Tinned foods
- Dried foods
- Rice & cereals
- Dairy items (milk, yoghurt, butter, etc.)
- Cleaning items
- Hygiene items (nappies, oral care, hair care, sanitary, etc.)
- Meat, poultry & seafood
- Pet foods
- Disposable party ware (napkins, plates, cups, cutlery, etc.)
- Underweight or mislabelled items
- Bulk commercial food
- Cooked or prepared meals
WHAT WE CANNOT COLLECT:
- Soiled or mouldy food
- Items that have had a health or safety recall on them
- Items that may be contaminated
HOW OFTEN DO WE COLLECT:
We can negotiate with you the best day/s to collect food from your business. Some businesses want a weekly collection, others want a monthly collection, while others are a once of collection. We will work with what is practical for you.
WE MAY ALSO PURCHASE FOOD OR OTHER ITEMS.
Most of what we collect is donated and we generally do not purchase smaller items. However we understand that sometimes your business may need some form of payment for some items. We can negotiate a small payment amount for some items.
IF YOU WANT WE CAN PROMOTE YOUR BUSINESS.
We love to say thanks for your generosity and refer people to your business. However we have found that some businesses want to remain anonymous donors and we will also respect that.
There are many ways we can promote your business if you desire, they include but are not limited to:
- Social media (facebook, twitter, etc.)
- Posters and printed material displayed in our ministry centres
- Leaflets at our mobile giveaways
- Leaflets in our packed and delivered food parcels
- Other way that may be suitable